ECD becomes a Registered Signatory of the Building a Safer Future Charter
August 26, 2021
We are pleased to announce that we have become a Registered Signatory of the Building a Safer Future Charter. By doing so, we are making a commitment to putting people’s safety first in every project we take part in.
The Building a Safer Future Charter consists of five commitments that show a dedication to protecting life by putting safety first, in front of other building priorities.
The five commitments are as follows:
- Collaborate to spearhead culture change and the voice of building safety across our sector.
- Be transparent in the interests of safety, sharing key information with residents, clients, contractors and statutory bodies in a useful and accessible manner in the design, construction and occupation phases of the process.
- Make safety a key factor of choice in who we work with, ensuring that building safety is placed at the centre of selection decisions without compromising quality or value for money.
- Ensure that the voices and safety of residents, visitors and employees are central in our decision-making process.
- Set out and communicate clear responsibilities within our organisation and with our partners, ensuring everyone with a stake in the building during design, construction and occupation understands their role and has the time and resources they need to achieve and maintain building safety.
We are very proud to be joining many other great companies across the sector in upholding these commitments and continuing to thrive for safety within all our work.
If you are interested in becoming a Registered Signatory of the Building a Safer Future Charter, you can find out more about them and their story here: