Our BIM Consultancy Services
ECD is a BRE BIM certified practice. We offer a broad range of BIM services to improve productivity from concept development, through to construction and facilities and building lifecycle management in the following key areas.
1. BIM Consulting - Our experience in delivering BIM projects enables us to provide clients with expert consulting services and advice.
- BIM Adoption Strategy
- BIM Training
- Preparation of Employers Information Requirements (EIR)
- Production of detailed BIM Execution Plans (BEP)
- Model Management, Co-ordination and Validation
We work with our clients to incorporate project wide best practices for modelling and documentation, mapping out processes, managing tasks, documenting setups and implementing quality control procedures to minimise risk and produce high quality outcomes.
2. BIM Information Management - We work with our clients providing this role on their BIM level 2 projects and support the development of internal training to clients who wish to develop their knowledge in managing projects in the future. This role requires ECD Architects to provide the following services:
- Common Data Environment Management
- Project Information Management
- Collaborative working, information exchange and project team management
3. BIM for Construction - Construction has become increasingly complex, with tighter schedules and budgets. ECD Architects support contractors in enabling BIM to streamline workflows, maintain more accurate information, and keep BIM construction projects moving forward more predictably while helping reduce information queries.
4. BIM Data Management - The ‘information’ part of BIM is the most important but difficult part to get right. It is the ability to capture, manage and re-use building related data and integrate the data with internal systems already in use.
This access to information enables the relevant people to adapt and improve the efficiency of the buildings they are responsible for. A good data management system means you can avoid wasteful activities such as:
- waiting and searching for information
- repeatedly reproducing the same data for use in different projects
- removing human error
What is BIM?
BIM is an intelligent model-based process that provides insight to help you plan, design, construct, and manage buildings and infrastructure.What is BIM?
Additional BIM Services
Thanks to our sister company Keegans, our BIM services can expand to include quantity surveyors, asset managers, project managers, principal designers and building surveyors.Keegans BIM Services