ECD to present at Bristol BIG Green Week PassivHaus talks: 18th June
June 1, 2015
part of Bristol BIG Green Week
during Bristol 2015: European Green capital
Come join us at PassivHaus Thursday where James Traynor will be discussing the achievement of the PassivHaus standard in City Centres using Wilmcote House – a £13m overhaul of an 11 storey three block development to the Enerphit PassivHaus standard using ‘Eco Funding’ – in Portsmouth as a case study.
The PassivHaus Thursday event has been organised to focus on all things PassivHaus and explore the potential PassivHaus has to improve the living and working environment whilst saving energy.
Where: The Trinity Centre, Easton, Bristol BS2 0NW
When: Thursday 18th June 7.30am to 6.30pm
What: PassivHaus Thursday will comprises:
- Morning talk: ‘PassivHaus in the city, its not just for Grand Designs’ with access to exhibition (7.30am to 10am)
- Exhibition of Certified PassivHaus products and building systems (10am to 3pm)
- Site visit to PassivHaus developments currently on site (10am to 12.30pm) TBC
- Project design review surgeries (1am to 3am)
- Afternoon talk: ‘PassivHaus: is it really deliverable?’ with access to exhibition (3.30pm to 6.30pm)
Cost: All events are free to attend. Bookings are required via Eventbrite.
Who is it for:
- Self Builders hoping to develop their own low energy home
- Charities and owner occupiers wanting to develop new accommodation or refurbish their existing estate
- Developers wanting to investigate building to the PassivHaus standard and issues around archieveing compliance and quicker sales at a higher value!
- Contractors wanting to understand the products on the market that can help delivery of PassivHaus compliant schemes
- Quanitity surveyors and project managers wanting to understand cost and programme implications of delivering to the PassivHaus standard
- Local material suppliers looking for Certifed PassivHaus products to add to their catalogue list
- Construction professionals to learn more about the potenial of PassivHaus to deliver the benefits of low energy, healthy buildings for their client
- Academics & students to feed knowladge sharing in to their learning
For more information visit the event website: http://biggreenweek.com/event/passivhaus-thursday/