Sustainable Building Center
- Client: Wolseley Group
- Project Value: £3.2m
- Brief: A showroom for sustainable materials and technologies
- Sustainability Initiatives: Solar thermal, PV, small scale wind turbine, ground source heat pumps, CHP, condensing boilers, heat recovery ventilation, rainwater harvesting, insulation products and more!
This innovative two storey 630m2 building is intended to promote sustainable materials and technologies. It is organised in two sections, south and north, separated by an internal street. The building provides a variety of themed demonstration galleries, energy, water, sustainable products, as well as training facilities and a small café. For our case study booklet detailing products specified for this project click here.
- Winner: Leamington Society 2010
Notable New Buildings and Conservation Award
- Shortlisted: Sustain Magazine Awards
Property & Built Environment: Design & Architecture Award for Construction
- Winner: Edie (Environmental Data Interactive Exchange)
Award for Environmental Excellence: Best Sustainable Construction Project
- Winner: ICE West Midlands (Institute of Civil Engineers)