ECD Architects is a friendly, vibrant and exciting company to work for with offices in London and Glasgow.
We have regular opportunities for established professionals and those interested in developing a career within the industry. We aim to ensure that all employees are consulted, engaged and provided with the support and encouragement to pursue both personal and career goals. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce to better meet the needs of our diverse client base.
Due to our company’s continued growth we are currently recruiting for the following vacancy.
BIM Model Manager (London Office)
The BIM Model Manager will work with our BIM Team in supporting the delivery of models and information to meet the UK Government 2016 BIM Mandate and Pas1192 requirement’s on our BIM level 2 projects.
- Act as BIM Information Manager on projects to comply with PAS 1192-2:2013 requirements imposed by client under BIM Level 2 requirements
- Assist with the appointment of consultants on BIM Projects
- Write BIM Strategies and BIM Execution Plans
- Act as Model Manager on projects working with design teams and clients to define BIM deliverables and carry out model federation on projects
- Integrate Models (Federation of native models) and produce clash detection reports and manager clash detection meetings on site with project teams
- Work with clients to define FM (asset information model) outputs and help mace teams with handover of information to client as BIM Level 2 requirements (6D)
- Work with contractors to provide 4D programme and logistic outputs on live projects
- Working with our QS Team to develop the 5D (cost model) outputs and how we are going to leverage the use of BIM in providing better cost certainty on projects
- Working with our BIM team to align COBie output as BS 1192-4:2014 requirements
- Provide internal training
- Chair BIM coordination meetings
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Trained to PAS 1192-2: 2013 and understands the outputs which are required to provide Level 2 BIM on public sector projects to comply with UK Government 2016 Mandate.
- Primary software skills in areas of Model Authoring, Model Federation and Model Time Lining.
- Using software such as, Revit, Navisworks full suite and Solibr.
- Experience is creating BEP’s,TIDP and MIDP
- Experience in providing training and knowledge transfer
- Degree Qualifications is preferred.
- Revit Certified user is preferred
- Professional Memberships are an advantage but not essential.
To apply for the position please email your CV/portfolio, a cover letter and your salary expectations to: Patrick.email@example.com.