Building Safety and Cladding Remediation
We have extensive regeneration experience including the refurbishment of over 50 residential towers. As such, our team has a strong track record and deep understanding of the issues involved in undertaking high rise refurbishment projects which address the fire safety issues arising from external wall systems as well as improving the thermal efficiency of buildings.
Following the Grenfell tragedy, we have supported many clients in understanding the risks associated with different cladding and insulation materials and guided them through the process of careful selection of non-combustible replacement systems that ensure building safety for residents and other occupiers. When undertaking fire safety remedial works, it essential that your team have the technical competency to deliver the right solutions. As Architects and Lead Consultants experienced in this field we offer the following:
- Professional and Independent recommendations
- Thorough understanding of Building Regulations relating to HRRB’s and routes to compliance
- Provider of holistic future-proof solutions to suit the specific requirements of the site
- Experience in obtaining planning and other statutory approvals
- Technical scrutiny of contractor proposals
- Insurance backed collateral warranties for the design
- Final Certificate at completion
As part of the N-Able Group with our sister company Keegans, we are further able to offer our clients the following services to help ensure that building safety risks are minimised and regulatory requirements are met.
- Survey, Identification & Intrusive Investigations of Cladding Materials & Systems
- Design, specification & management of cladding remediation works
- Option Appraisal reports for cladding replacement
- Contract Administration
- Cost Management
- CDM Principal Designer/H&S Advisors
- BIM Services
- Clerk of Works
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Retrofit Co-ordinators
- External Wall System (EWS1)
Our Building Safety and Cladding team comprises of Architects, Chartered Building Surveyors and Engineers who work collaboratively with our clients to support them through the complex process of ensuring that their buildings not only comply with relevant legislation, but also provide a safe and sustainable environment into the future and in the most cost-effective manner.
As a leader in the field of sustainable refurbishment of high-rise and high-risk buildings, we have extensive experience of working with residents in situ. We know the challenges and risks that this can present. We advise clients on the disruption remedial works can entail and we help identify and plan the steps to minimise this. We think about longevity of the repairs and carefully design the remedial works to make buildings fireproof and futureproof by improving thermal efficiencies and reducing heating bills for residents.
If you would like to find out more about our experience and expertise in building safety and cladding remediation please download our group Building Safety & Cladding Remediation Brochure or contact James Traynor via the ECD switchboard: 020 7939 7500.
ECD Architects is part of the N-Able Group. The N-Able Group provides a range of high quality architectural and building consultancy services focused on improving the environment we all live and work in.Group Overview